The choice of what kind of Juicer to buy is a very tasking one; there are a lot of factors to consider before choosing a juicer, we are going to look at the most common and important factors before making a decision of the best juicer to buy.
I have seen a lot of people totally overwhelmed and frustrated when they go to an online store to purchase a juicer. The reason is simply because there are a lot of juicer brands that are very specific to use with some kind of fruits, while other brands tend to be more generic, appealing to a broad customer base and can juice a wide range of fruits, vegetables and wheatgrass.
This most important decision you will make when buying a juicer should not be based on price alone. You have to know exactly what you want, so you can get the best juicer that will be effective for you. If you are a mum, a college guy or a family, you won’t need a commercial juicer. Likewise, an industrial or commercial person will certainly not want one of those cheap juicers that can extract juice only in small yield.
You have to ask yourself: Do you want a juicer that will mesh or press the fruit and extract your juice or one that will rotate your fruits before extraction takes place? Please note that different types of juicers will not produce the same kind of juice. We will talk about this phenomenon below, but here is the catch; a blender is totally different from a juicer.
What Kind Of Fruit Do You want To Juice?
- What Kind Of Fruit Do You want To Juice?
- Choosing The Best Juicers: 5 Most Important Checklist
- Juicer Vs Blender: What’s The Difference?
- Types Of Juicers: Choose The Best Juicer
- Centrifugal Juicer
- Advantages Of Buying A Centrifugal Juicer
- Disadvantages of Buying A Centrifugal Juicer
- Recommended Centrifugal Juicers
- Masticating Juicer: How Good Does It Perform?
- Advantages Of Buying A Masticating Juicer
- Disadvantages Of Masticating Juicer
- Recommended Masticating Juicers
- Centrifugal Vs Masticating Juicer: Which Is Your Best Choice?
- Triturating Juicers
- Triturating Juicer: Pros
- Triturating Juicer: Cons
- Recommended Triturating Juicer:
- Choosing The Best Juicers: Electric Juicer Vs Manual Juicer
- How To Care For And Maintain A Juicer
- How To Fix A Broken Juicer
- Conclusion And Final Recommendation
Another thing to put at the back of your mind is the kind of fruit or vegetables you will juice. Some juicers are more efficient in juicing vegetables and fruits while others will do poorly when you want to juice wheatgrass.
I will lay more emphases on this when I talk about the types of juicer currently available on the market. Gladly, they are not juicing machines that will cost you so much.
Basically, you will need to pay attention to these five things when deciding to purchase the best juicer to extract your kind of juice recipe.
Choosing The Best Juicers: 5 Most Important Checklist
- Juicers come with a motor; it is advisable to get a juicing machine that has a motor that can support the speed of the blade.
- Ensure you choose a juicer that can juice the kind of juice you want. This means, you already have an idea of the kind fruit juice you want to extract.
- Make sure you pick a juicing machine that removes the pulp.
- You don’t want to spend the whole day disassembling parts of your juicing machine, just to clean them. For me, this is very important, you will make your life easier each time you juice if you purchase a juicer that is really easy to clean!
- Pick a juicer that will operate with low noise and you may also want to consider the size. A juicer with low noise and it’s not bulky can never a bad idea.
Juicer Vs Blender: What’s The Difference?
Most people have confused themselves thinking the traditional old-school blender is the same thing as a juicer. While both machines function almost alike, they are different and will produce different kind of juice extract.
The extract gotten from a blender is called smoothies. With a blender, the whole fruit or vegetable is what you consume. Of course, since everything would be crushed, you will get a higher volume of juice extract with a blender. But you may not like the final result you will get from a blending machine.
A juicing machine will normally release a lower volume of juice extract when compared with a blender using the same quantity of fruits. The reason is simply because a juicer separates the liquid part of your fruit from its pulp or fiber. A juicer releases a juice extract that contains minerals and vitamins in concentrated and biologically positive amount that can greatly improve your health. Scientifically, only a juicer can make this happen.
For people watching their weight, or under some kind of weight-loss program, you will want a juice that contains a lot of nutrients and vitamins that is also very low in fibre. Getting a juicing machine will be your best option.
Because a juicer gets rid of the pulp or fiber, the content of the juice is easy to digest. It takes a lot more time to digest a fibre but since a juicer discards the fibre and the blender does not, you won’t have a problem digesting a juice that comes from the best juicers no the market.
To Juice Or To Blend?
I can say a whole a lot about this debate that still generates some kind of controversy to date. But the point is this; a blender is good and a juicer is better!
For some people, they don’t really care about taste or the ease of digesting a juice while other people are very conscious about the taste of juice they consume. Some people paying very close attention to the health implication, especially people trying to burn some fats.
The best thing I can tell you at this point if you are still on fence trying to decide whether to get a blender or juicer is that you definitely need a juicer, not just any juicer on the wild but the best juicer commercially available that will give you the best kind of juice recipe. A juicer is specifically designed to juice drinks that can be consumed with relish. A juicing machine provides the perfect nutrition-packed juice, you can never be wrong with a juicer! They are easy to operate, most of them will not eat up your space and quite a lot of them ayour space and quite a lot of them are really affordable.
So, the next time someone wants to confuse you, giving you reasons to get a blender instead of a juicer. You can simply tell the person these words; “You are wrong, I love you, you are wrong!”
Finally, the last thing I want to say on this debate is that you deserve to know the truth. Based on well researched scientific programs, there are evidences to show you that juice extracted from a juicer is better suited for your biological system in ways that is beyond the scope of this writing.
Types Of Juicers: Choose The Best Juicer
There are different types of juicer. However, the main categories of juicers that are commercially available are the Centrifugal and Masticating juicers.
What is a Centrifugal Juicer? This juicing machine is the most common kind of juicer you can find in most online stores, they are very affordable unless you are going for the super high-end model which is still inexpensive when compared with the other types of juicers.
Centrifugal juicer uses centrifugal force; this is the force that is capable of pulling objects away from the center or the axis of rotation. This simply means that in juicing, the centrifugal force extracts the juice from rapidly spinning (about 3,000RPMs-16,000RPMs) the pulp around, inside the juicer chamber.
The Centrifugal juicer is equipped with sharp teeth that rip-up the fruit into pulp which is later rotated in high speed to separate the juice from the pulp. The beauty of the Centrifugal juicer is that the juice passes through some kind of tiny holes in a filter which is later collected or deposited in a container at the base of the juicing machine.
In recent modes of centrifugal juicers, the pulp is extracted to a collection chamber which can then be ejected. Some other models of centrifugal juicer will accumulate the pulp on the filter which you can also remove. The only difference between both of them is that it’s easier to work with a centrifugal juicer that extracts the pulp to a collection chamber than the other model whose pulp is accumulated on the filter.
Advantages Of Buying A Centrifugal Juicer
- They are readily available; they are the most common type of juicers available on the market.
- Centrifugal juicers are cheap; they don’t cost an arm and a leg.
- They are very easy to operate and they come with very few parts to assemble. You really don’t need any technical experience to juice.
- It can produce juice quickly because of the way it is built. The more the spin, the more concentrated juice you get.
- There are equally large, giving you the freedom to juice whole fruits in one operation.
Disadvantages of Buying A Centrifugal Juicer
- Due to its standard mode of operation, it destroys some enzymes in the process.
- Not recommended for juicing vegetables, herbs and wheatgrass.
- Lower volume of juice is extracted when compared with the triturating or masticating juicers.
- It is a little bit noisy, if you have an allergy for noise….this may not be your thing!
- Due to oxidation, you may need to juice and drink. Storing the extracted juice for a long period of time is not advisable.
Recommended Centrifugal Juicers
Masticating Juicer: How Good Does It Perform?
To masticate means to grind, crunch, mumble or munch something to produce a pulp. You know when you chew food? You are masticating the food, the difference is that some guys are quick when chewing their food, others are moderate and another group are slow.
With any of the best masticating juicers, also known as cold-press juicers, you munch the fruit or vegetables at a very low speed. Unlike the Centrifugal juicer, there is no spinning or rotation. The operation of this kind of juicer is craftily designed to efficiently extract every bit of juice out of your fruit.
There are types of juicing recipes that will really be appreciated only when extracted with a masticating juicer. But, they are the higher-end juicing machine, and you may get a little bit frustrated searching for a budget masticating machine juicer below $200.
So, if you want a masticating juicer which is referred to the best juicer by a lot of experts, you have to be willing to spend something extra compared to the price of a centrifugal juicer. However, the striking point is that it is your best bet knowing that you can’t be wrong with a masticating juicer. If you decide to purchase any of the recommended best seller’s brands of masticating juicers, you will certainly be making a wise choice.
Some folks call the Masticating juicer a Horizontal juicer; this is simply because some of the most common juicers in this category like the Omega J8000 comes with a horizontal design. Generally, a Masticating juicer crushes and squeezes your fruits or vegetables in a stainless static steel screen, releasing concentrated nutrients, minerals and enzymes.
Over the years, there have also been some twists in design, Vertical Masticating juicers are the latest design overhaul and are getting popular. You will also love one of them since they do pretty much the same thing in operation; what is different is just a change in aesthetics.
The juice extracted with a cold-press juicer or masticating juicer also tends to last longer, but it’s advisable to consume after juicing. When the juice comes in contact with air, it will begin to lose nutrients. So, the longer it stays, the more nutrient disappears. This is specific for nutrient conscious people, especially those under any kind of weight-loss program.
Advantages Of Buying A Masticating Juicer
- Referred to the best juicer by some industry experts
- Since there is no spinning or rotation, oxidation does not occur. This means you can leave your juice longer when compared with a juice produced with a centrifugal juicer.
- The way the juicing machine operates leaves room for very low noise. It really does sound quiet.
- It is very efficient in juicing vegetables, wheatgrass and herbs.
- Juice extracted from masticating juicers has higher nutrients, enzymes and phytochemicals.
- Rich concentrated juice is extracted in high quantity.
- It can also be used as food processors, handling nuts and other kinds of food you may want to get an extract from.
- Therefore, you do not need to purchase any of the best wheatgrass juicer. This is just like a combo that works like a charm.
- It is very easy to operate and maintain.
Disadvantages Of Masticating Juicer
- It is slower than a centrifugal juicer, so you may have to wait a bit longer to drink your juice, about 5-minutes more.
- In most cases, the juicer may not be able to handle whole pieces of fruit.
Recommended Masticating Juicers
Centrifugal Vs Masticating Juicer: Which Is Your Best Choice?
In summary, I will recommend the best centrifugal juicers for beginners, especially those who don’t really care about taste. If you won’t be juicing vegetables or wheatgrass, your best choice is likely going to be the centrifugal juicer.
However, if you don’t want to lose nutrients and want an all-rounder-performer when it comes to choosing a juicing machine, a masticating juicer is your answer. With it, you can juice from fruits, vegetables, wheatgrass, and nuts.
Unlike the masticating juicer that comes with a single auger, the triturating juicer comes with a twin gear or double auger. The auger is what crushes or grinds the fruit in both a masticating juicer and triturating juicer.
A triturating juicer does twice the job of a masticating juicer with awesome result. The only drawback is that they are pretty expensive. This kind of juicer will completely crush fruits, vegetables or wheatgrass, ensuring that you have a total juice extract. The pulp is completely extracted of juice; you cannot miss any kind of nutrient with this kind of juicer.
They are not common, obviously because of its price, but if you are a “serious” juicer, this is your best option. There is little or no oxidation because there is no rotation or spinning like the centrifugal juicer.
Triturating Juicer: Pros
- A very high yield of juice is extracted compared to the centrifugal and masticating juicer.
- Due to its low speed in operation, there is no oxidation using this juicer.
- You can juice vegetables, nuts, and wheatgrass without problems.
Triturating Juicer: Cons
- They are more expensive than other juicers.
- Just like the masticating juicer, juicing takes longer time when compared with a centrifugal juicer.
Recommended Triturating Juicer:
Choosing The Best Juicers: Electric Juicer Vs Manual Juicer
Just like we have discussed the types of juicer, there are also different kinds of juicers based on their mode of operation. There are juicers that are operated manually – that is, hand operated and there also exist other kinds of juicers that are operated electrically, they are called electric juicers.
Manual Juicers: How Do They Work?
Manual juicers are operated with your hands manually; they do not need to be plugged into electric socket, making them a fantastic choice for vacation. If you are running on a very slim budget, you can consider this the best juicer but be ready for some little arm-pressure exercise.
They are very easy to use, although they may require more pressure on your part to get maximum juice extract. The mode of operation is very basic; you do not need any technical knowledge, just juice, and drink!
The only drawback is that you can’t use a manual juicer for the commercial quantity of juice. They juice just for your immediate need. Here is a list of the best lemon squeezers I have reviewed.
Electric Juicers: What Are They?
Electric juicers are great; they will let you produce juice in large volume without using your energy. All you need to do is push a button and the process works automatically.
Electric juicers are the most common kinds of juicers available on the market; their juicing operations have also been calculated before mass production to ensure that minerals and vitamins are not destroyed during the juicing operation.
Centrifugal juicer, masticating juicer, and triturating juicers are all different kinds of electric juicers with varying forms of operation. I have already expressed everything you need to know about the electric juicers in the earlier part of this guide and I believe it has been helpful in making wise choices.
Of course, I will recommend an electric juicer as the best juicer you can get anywhere. However, you have a lot of options in this guide, this will ultimately give you the freedom to make the best decision when it comes to the best juicer to purchase.
Don’t Miss: Check out the best juicer machine here
How To Care For And Maintain A Juicer
If you don’t want to spend money buying a juicer every time, then you need to know these sure-fire tips that will help you take care of your juicer.
There are several ways to maintain your juicer in other to last long and provide total value for your money. Maintaining your juicer also ensures that you get optimum performance every time you want to use it for the next juice operation.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a centrifugal juicer, masticating juicer or triturating juicer. It is extremely important that you take proper care of your juicer. However, some juicers are easier to clean than others but I will advise you always try to give your juicer the attention it requires.
Here are some tips that will guide you:
Firstly, you need to have your cleaning tools; a scrubbing pad, a tooth-brush with hard bristles, a pipe cleaning brush, a plastic spoon to remove the pulp.
This is what you are going to do:
- Disassemble all parts of your juicer and place them inside your sink, turn on the tap to fill to a considerate level.
- If you have solid particles on any of the parts, you can leave them in water for 5-minutes to soften before you remove so you don’t scratch the parts.
- With the toothbrush, you will use it to get rid of the fruit particles on the filter basket screen.
- Rinse and place the parts on a cool, dry platform then use a towel dry-up the water.
- Assemble the juicer and keep in its normal position.
- Repeat these easy steps after using the juicer.
How To Fix A Broken Juicer
Every device must require some kind of attention at one point in their lifespan. For a juicer, there are several factors that could make it faulty.
The big question is how do you fix a broken juicer? Normally, the most popular juicers have at least 1-year warranty and it’s one of the fastest ways to get the job done.
Instead of spending time trying to figure out what are wrong and eventually causing more damages if you are not the technical guy. It is better you send the juicer out for repair via a professional or better still, get the juicer to the company’s service centre in your location.
If you are a geek, you can disassemble the parts, unscrew the safety switch and diagnose the problem. One option that works very well is to strip off the wires from the connector and reconnect.
Please note that everything I have said exclusively on this specific technical aspect is strictly for educational purposes. If you decide to fix your juicer yourself, you take responsibility for any harm or damages that may arise during the process.
Conclusion And Final Recommendation
Juicers are a decent piece of machine that should be in every home. They are quite different from the traditional blender; they are designed exclusively to give you the perfect juice drink you desire.
I will only recommend drinking juice processed with the best juicing machines money can buy.
Right now, I believe you are ready for shopping with the full knowledge that you are purchasing what will meet your expectations from a juicer.
The best juicers on the market:
- Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain.
- Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer Silver B6000S.
- The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer.
How To Choose The Best Juicer: Complete Buyer’s Guide
The choice of what kind of Juicer to buy is a very tasking one; there are a lot of factors to consider before choosing a juicer, we are going to look at th